Image Map

Saturday, February 14, 2015

Just Call Me Lucy or Allie

After going on a Valentine's Day chick-flick binge, I'm noticing a trend.
Do all chick-flicks require a main character to lose their memory? Come on!  At least all the movies I was force-fed this week did.

>>

50 First Dates

People relate this movie to my life all the time.  Last week at work a co-worker pulled a Ten-Second Tom reference that I did appreciate.  He has good tastes in movies. Thankfully my memory lasts longer than ten seconds!  That would make life quite difficult
Take this story that came from the New Yorker: "In March of 1985, Clive Wearing, an eminent English musician and musicologist in his mid-forties, was struck by a brain infection – a herpes encephalitis – affecting especially the parts of his brain concerned with memory. He was left with a memory span of only seconds – the most devastating case of amnesia ever recorded."  
50 First Dates is adorable though!  . . . in a very sad, slightly creepy way. . .  Adam Sandler tries to make Drew Barrymore fall in love with him every single day because she can't remember.  Is this love or is this just plain creepy?

> >

The Notebook. 

Ranked the Best Chick Flick of All Time by multiple sources.

This entire movie is based of an adorable Old Couple's "story time."  This story is a Romeo and Juliet type plot:  Boy and Girl meet.  Boy and Girl are from different worlds.  Boy and Girl fall in love.  Father bans Boy and Girl from being together.  Boy and Girl are heart broken,  

*SPOILER, I'm giving away the end of this movie... If you haven't seen it I suggest turning off the 
laptop/phone/tablet and watching it before continuing.  This has one of the best movie endings of all time.*

The Old Couple is Boy and Girl!!  Girl lost her memory and Boy is trying to help her get it back.  What?!  Plot twist! 

The next time you're living in a nursing home and a man is reading to you, think twice.  Then again,  you wouldn't even remember reading this. . . 

> >

Now, I haven't seen this one, but it sounds like a pretty spot-on movie.  Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.  The couple decides to erase their memory of each other, but throwing your memories in the black beauty trash can is not what it's all cracked up to be.  Also, it's rated R.  I just avoid all movies with that rating.  No thanks! There's no need to watch it, I got the whole plot line in IMBD's summary of it. 

> > 
Is my life a chick-flick? Hmmmm.... This is an interesting theory...
I'll stick with my action-packed suspense movies.  Why can't I be a character in one of those?  Throw the flowers out the window and give me some action!
 I'd rather be a fighter than a lover. 

XXo, 
Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover