Image Map

Friday, November 2, 2012

The Satisfied Ewe



Welcome to the Satisfied Ewe.  It's kinda of an oxymoron of a name, if I do say so myself.  This quaint (*cough* sketchy) looking place is found right in downtown Ephraim! Granted... All of Ephraim is downtown. It's one of those places that you can tell the locals eat at, and hey! I'm as good as local, so Brenda and her friend Alexis decided to give it a try with me.

You walk and and you can smell the down-home cooking.  It's a good smell, not a greasy Mickey-D's smell. Then you pick any table you want and wait for the waitress to bring you your menu.  

Alexis, left.  Brenda, right.

As soon as we sat down we noticed 8 or 9 older ladies in the back corner chatting away. Definitely locals. And definitely opinionated.  We eavesdropped on their conversations and had a good laugh as they complained about how the turkey farms have changed over the years, how they set aside money for members in their group for when their husbands die, and how their husbands annoy them.  I snickered a good few times.  They're quite the characters. 

B and A got Root-beer  I'm not much of a soda drinker, I prefer water.  It was good homemade root-beer though, I stole a sip, Then we all ordered the exact same thing, weird I know. 

The salad was so delicious. There's something about restaurant salads, they're always just better than the ones you make at home. (I want a bottle of restaurant ranch dressing for Christmas.) Then we had chicken strips! Yum! They were just like the ones at Burger Bar and were the same price. Yes!! Score.


I wish there would have been more green deliciousness on my plate though....  I would still take a salad or a tofu stir-fry over chicken strips and french fries, any day.   

So, all in all, if you're a fan of french fries, chicken, and Texas toast. The Satisfied Ewe is the place for you!  (hehe that rhymed)  The side salad is fantastic. I'd go back just to eat that.  

Oh, and you get this on the back of your check. 


Ephraim for the win!

xoxo,
mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover