Image Map

Monday, May 27, 2013

Week 3

Goodbye week three! This week has gone by pretty fast, it's also been pretty boring... So sorry if this email is extremely boring. THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE PACKAGE. I wore both of the new shirts already. I love them. Thank you. Packages and letters are the best. Thank you thank you thank you thank you. On Tuesday Russell M. Nelson came and spoke to us. Sister Bradshaw and I are in the choir, so we were able to sing "Come Thou Fount" to an apostle. We're pretty cool. His talk was focused a lot on family history and how it applies to your mission. His wife's talk was incredible. She said, "Pray for the ancestors of your future investigators to lead you to them" and "Pray for angels. Pray for them by name, by attribute, by characteristic." I thought those were all pretty interesting. Earlier our teacher was talking to us about the Polynesian culture and missionary work. He told us when we were set apart as missionaries for the Tahiti mission we were adopted by the Polynesian ancestors and they will guide us to their family that is ready to be taught. It's been a ancestor/prayer heavy week and I love it. Last night we watched The Testaments. Remember that movie? Ah, it's so bad, but it's so good. We're watching it with a good 300 other missionaries, and when ever Jacob would kiss the girl everyone would gasp and shield their eyes. It was pretty traumatic. ;) We taught at the TRC for the first time here. That's the Teaching Resource Center. Missionaries use to go teach fake investigators back in the day, but they recently changed in the past few months. We went in and had a nice chat with some members in French and shared a baby lesson on Faith. It was fun. Just imagine home teaching in the MTC in French with Sister Missionaries. That's what we did. IT IS SO NICE. Ah. French is coming along, I'm working on verbs, all is well. Sister Van Wagenen in our room was pretty sick this weekend. She caught a 24 hour flu bug, and we're all praying it doesn't come to us next. Fingers crossed! Sister Bradshaw and I are going to be hosting this Wednesday! We're actually going to be hosting every Wednesday. I can't wait! I'm hoping to see people friends as they come in! It's been really cold lately, we have no warm clothes at all! It's almost June! Sister B and I run 2 miles every gym time. I decided I'm going to run 150 miles before we head out to Tahiti. Maybe 200. We'll see how it goes. Our fitness classes in the morning are really fun. Our instructor's name is Natasha, she teaches all the classes so we've gotten to know her pretty well. It's funny, we're the first Sisters there every single day, except once last week we got there a little late, and she was like "Oh good! I was worried you girls weren't going to make it and that was going to make me sad!" She's very, very talkative. We discovered we can write on our desks this week. That was a good discovery, I have verbs conjugated all over it, I can't even put my books on, it's lovely. :) This week I'm in charge of the group language lessons, so I have to plan activities to learn French. If you have any ideas on what I should do that would be much appreciated! Well, I'll try to be a bit more exciting this week! I love you all!! Love, Morgan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover