Image Map

Monday, October 7, 2013

Here's to Miracles

Hello world!
 
Welcome to the shortest email of my missionary life.
 
I'm doing great! I'm going to be training an American companion for this Transfer. Her name is Sister Moly (I'm not quite sure how to spell it yet) and she's from Salt Lake. I've also been called to be the Sister Training Leader.  I'm scared to death.  But if President thinks I can do it, I know God knows I can do it. This is going to be an incredible transfer. I'm ready to make miracles happen. :)
 
Last night our investigator couple passed their baptism interviews!! It was really fun because I had to translate for the Elders. Georges is deaf. While I was in the MTC and got sick of studying French, I'd walk next door and learn sign language with the missionaries called to "speak" sign. When I came here and realized we have an investigator whose deaf... Wow. There's a miracle right there.
 
I know all things that happen in life isn't a coincidence. We have a plan. Our Heavenly Father is consciencieuse (I can only spell in french now.. sorry) of that plan. And he will give us all the things, which at the time we may not understand, we need to accomplish the plan.
 
Have a great week. I love you all!
 
Love,
Sœur Taylor
 
*****Here are some questions and answers from Morgan today:)******
1.  Avery wants to play with your Polly Pockets, I told her she couldn't but she said to ask you.
      *She can play with them if she picks them up and doesnt break them.:)
2.  Where did you watch Conference
     * At the Stake Center with Soeur Weller and Soeur Carter:)
3.  Are their cool cemeteries  there or do they cremate them. 
     * There are some super epic cemeteries.  Next week I decided we're going to hike to one.  It's literally on the top of a mountain.  I'm pretty excited.
4.  It's rainy season now isn't it?  how often does it rain?
     *  It's just starting the rainy season.  We've only had one huge storm
5.  What kind of cars are there?
     *  Um...Not really any cars...:)  Only the rich people have cars.  Our bishop has a hummer and the ym President has 2 hummers...And every weekend they have the "American Car Night" all the people who own an american made car get together and drag the island.  You know, like draggingmain, they drive the circle around the island

***** Here is also Morgan's response to a question I asked her about Chandler getting ready for his mission on what he needs to work on and be ready for.....He has to WANT to be here.  If a missionary wants to be here, they will do anything to stay here and be worthy.  He has to know WHY he's serving.  People just need to talk about their missions more.  The miracles they saw, the experiences they had.  That's what needs to happen*****
Tahiti Papeete Mission
Soeur Taylor, Morgan
 
B.P. 93
Papeete, Tahiti
98713
French Polynesia.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover