Image Map

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

We'll Start With a Picture of a Cat

Hello World!
(and also the family of Sœur Carter who reads this. Yes, we talked about you.)
Inline image 1
This is has been one of those weeks where you just sit there and think, "what did I do this week," And all you've done is work. And work. And made a delicious chocolate pie.
Really though. We taught 40 lessons and met 35 new people this week. It's very safe to say we are exhausted. Hooray for p-day. Hooray for 20 minute naps! We've been sitting in a chapel all day long... So I don't have very much time to go into the lovely détails of the week, but I'll give you a nice nugget.
It's hard to watch your investigators choose to go drinking instead of coming to their lesson, or listen to the grandma of a couple that wants to get baptized tell them she'll kick them off their land if they do and then watching the couple struggle to decided to have a home, or get baptized.
Inline image 5
That's the beauty of life though. We get to choose.
I could choose to come home tomorrow if I wanted. I can do anything I want to. I just have to pay the conséquences. Or, if i'm obedient I can enjoy the blessings. That's the plan for our life. That's our job as missionaries. We teach everyone about the blessings, the conséquences, and then we ask them obey.  It's their choice. It hurts when they choose not to obey, but they're still our friends. We're not going to stop talking to our friend who skipped the lesson to go drinking. Nope. He's still our friend. He's still a good person. He's just missing out on some supa sick blessings. (Sœur Moli is wearing off...) Inline image 2
Really. I would choose eternal life over a beer any day. Wouldn't you?
Who's with me in chillin the rest of our next life in paradise instead of skipping out on Church Sunday?
And let's get hitched in the temple instead of chilling unmarried in the same apartment. I'd rather get married than have that lovely fire and brimstone to come.
Inline image 3
(turn your head sideways for this one.... and admire my present around my neck)
It takes effort. It's not easy, but it gets easier. It's like running. If you've never ran before in your whole life the first mile is... awful. But each day after that it gets a little bit better, until eventually it's second nature. Obedience is the same way. It gets easier. The blessings come quicker. And life overall gets better.
And I love you all and have to run!
MWUAH!
XXo,
Sœur Taylor


--
Tahiti Papeete Mission
Soeur Taylor, Morgan
B.P. 93
Papeete, Tahiti
98713
French Polynesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover