Image Map

Monday, December 15, 2014

Chikungunya...She got it...

One upon a time in a jungle in a far away land lived a swarm of evil flying insects.  These flying insects love praying on the delicious liquid found in the veins of the human race. Unfortunately for the human race, the flying insects this year have an interesting disease. 

Who go this disease?
 
house for two out of the last four weeks of my mission. 
It's a good thing I didn't get hit has hard as everyone else.  Why? Because I am the EMT for the sister missionaries. At least, that's what I feel like. 

Last night at 9pm Soeur Anzi ran and sad, "Soeur Taylor! Come look at Sister JJJJJ what's wrong with her?"  I ran out of my room, into the other room.  The Sister was laying on her bed with an ice bag on her head, I yelled her name.  Nothing.  She didn't move.  I went up and touched her.  No movement.  I checked her pulse, her heart still worked.  I checked to see if she was breathing.  Yes. She was.  I looked down at the ground, saw a cup of water, scooped up a handful of water and threw it on her.  Nothing. 

I called the Ambulance, Soeur W the mission nurse, and our zone leaders.   

I helped load the sister onto the stretcher with the EMTs (one of whom is a recent convert) and I got into my car with the other sister's companion and drove to the hospital while Soeur Anzi went with the sick sister in the ambulance. 

It was an interesting night. 
 
Hopefully in these next thirty days nothing too exciting will happen. I will be back in the United States in 30 days.  

I had my last fireside last night.  It was in PAEA, where I had my accident.  There were over 350 people at this fireside.  I didn't even know that many people lived in Paea!  It was a fantastic way to celebrate the anniversary of my accident and to say goodbye to my family in Paea.  I was also able to see one of my miracles!
 
Ryan was one of my recent converts when I had my accident.  He had been baptized for one week when that happened.  We are still as thick as thieves. I love him to death! 

 
Also a shout out to the coolest girl on Tahiti. MALLORI!!  I love you girl! Here's to our future parties eating delicious Einstein's Bagels and drinking Jamba Juice!  

Here's to YOU!!  Have a fantastic "The Last Full Week Before Christmas!"  May your days be merry and bright, and I hope all your Christmases will be white!

XXo, 
Mo


--
 
 
 
Tahiti Papeete Mission
Soeur Taylor, Morgan
 
B.P. 93
Papeete, Tahiti
98713
French Polynesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover