Image Map

Monday, December 8, 2014

When December Comes......

This week I became an all-you-can-eat buffet for the mosquitoes in Mahina.  I have thirteen mosquito bites in a two-inch area of my foot.  The curses of being white. . .  What was I doing in Mahina?  Well, I was pestering poor Soeur Nstiete while she was talking on the phone.



I was also discovering the joy of very scary, sketchy bridges...


Yes.  This bridge is literally broken pieces of wood just laying on top of each other.  When you walk the bridge sways, and the boards all move.  I loved it, adventure time times a million! 

I spent two days in this area.  It was nice to see another part of Tahiti.  We had a very, crazy experience together.  First of all, every single one of our lessons cancelled.  No biggie, we had Back-up Plan B, Back-up Plan C, Back-up Plan D and Back-up Plan E.  Um. . .  Not a single one of the back up plans were home.  All day long.  Hello door knocking!  I love tracking   Well... In Tahiti it's door yelling.  There are no door to knock at or door bells to ring. We were sure to find someone right?  No.  No luck. 

We were walking back to the car when Soeur N felt like we should go see one of the inactive members.  Insert the craziest experience of my life here.  We left Akish, (yes, I named our car Akish.  Yes, I fully realize Akish is one of the super villains in the Book of Mormon.  Read Ether 8.  No really, read one of the craziest stories ever.) at a member's house and started walking.  

As we were walking along the main road that goes around the island, a car drove past us, stopped, and turned around.  This is when the "stranger danger" sirens went off in my head. A woman got out of her car and started waving. 
 

​Quickly, I looked at Soeur N and whispered "Do you know her?"  Soeur N looked back at me, "I have no idea who she is, but she keeps looking at YOU." Oh no, not again. 

When you're in Cali, you drive around Hollywood looking for famous movie stars, right?  Well in Tahiti. . . people drive around looking for. . . me.  They look for me.  They ask for my autograph.  They take pictures with me.  It is very odd. 

The lady explains that she saw me on the T.V. and she wants to take the missionary lessons.  Awesome!!  BUT.  BUT.  BUT.  She will not take them from the Elders in her area, she will only take them from me. 

It does not work that way. . .  I explained we teach the same things.  Nope only me.  I was afraid something like that would happen.  I took her phone number down and we shall see what happens.  

We kept walking to the member's house.  She's an older lady, she's a grandma. The things she told me, wow.  She looked at me, she looked at my name tag, and she started crying.  Five minutes earlier she was going to commit suicide.  Until she heard us yelling her name. 

She explained why she wanted to die, and she also explained that she knows that God loved her. Why?  Because she felt impressed to kneel down and pray instead of dying and the moment she said "amen" we yelled her name. 
 
I know that God has perfect timing.  I know that he puts things in our lives to help us, and to help others.  Sometimes things we do not understand happen and we can feel like it's not fair, or play the "why me?" game.  But He knows everything.  He wants us to be happy.  He will do everything possible for that to happen, and when we are happy, He will use us to help His other children be happy. 

 
I am so grateful to be here today. I am grateful I can play with little kids. I am thankful that God can use me to help other people, because I can stand here and say, I AM HAPPY. 

I am happy. 

I love you all! 

Love, 
Mo
--
 
 
 
Tahiti Papeete Mission
Soeur Taylor, Morgan
 
B.P. 93
Papeete, Tahiti
98713
French Polynesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover