Image Map

Monday, September 22, 2014

Tomorrow is always a new day!

 
In the land that rains flowers far, far away lives two little blonde girls.  They wear black little name tags and talk to every single person they see.  Yeah, I'm one of these little blonde girls.
​I GOT TO SEE PRESIDENT and SOEUR SINJOUX!!  I turned my head over and just started crying like crazy.  I was so happy to see them, It was the first time I had seen/talked to them.  He was my mission president while I was serving the first half of my mission. 

DISCLAIMER:  Missions are NOT rainbows and butterflies.  If you like living in a bubble thinking that serving a mission in Tahiti is indeed rainbows and butterflies stop reading right now. Or skip everything until it says "DISCLAIMER OVER."

This week has been one of the hardest weeks of my life. 

As my companion, Soeur Kuhn likes to tell everyone, "She (me, Mo) is a miracle." Those who know me well know I do not appreciate that title.  I'd like to be like everyone else, not have been hit by a car, yada yada yada.  But that is not what is going to happen.  I am me.  I am back here in Tahiti after brain surgeries for a reason.  I know what that reason is.  Many others do not a) understand it or b) appreciate it.

I am here to share my story.  It's a story of Faith, Hope, Charity and Love.  (Yes, my eye is single to the glory of God.) Really though.   Back in December.  I was hit by a car.  The WORLD had the FAITH necessary to pray and fast for me.  I am still living.  

The WORLD also had the Hope that I would be able to return to my mission here in Tahiti.  Look what happened.  Here I am. 

Charity and Love are all encompassing.  I LOVE this gospel.  I love my brother Jesus Christ and because of that I have enough charity to come here and share the gospel with everyone I meet. 

So insert the problems here.  

I do firesides every weekend.  Yesterday I had over 500 people come hear me speak.  Wow.  There was a huge group I was excited!  Earlier that day things went down.  Soeur Kuhn and I were getting ready to go into a meeting for the Visitor's Center but nobody was there yet so I sat down with some members and started playing the guitar and we all sang hymns.  Soeur Kuhn was talking to our Ward Mission Leader's wife. She told Soeur K the leaders of our ward and her were not happy at all with me.  They are sick of all the "things"I have to do.  I was eavesdropping and asked Soeur K about it afterwards.  

I just sat there and cried. 

I am trying my very hardest.  I am doing everything within MY power to bring people unto Christ.  No, I did not choose to get hit by a car.  But YES, I did choose to use this lovely accident to help other people. If that means I'm being made into a movie, and being broadcasted on the Tahitian News, and give firesides around Tahiti, okay. 

Soeur Kuhn had to sit me down and remind me of all the people I am actually helping. I may able to touch people no one else can.  The man that hit me and his wife are now taking lessons from the missionaries because they came to one of my firesides. That is who I am right now.  I am here to work for Christ and God in any position they choose to give me. 
*DISCLAIMER OVER* 

Okay, Charity.  I am full of Charity.  I love everyone and everything.  Love. Love is good. 


I got Pineapple! 5 dollars for 5.  What kind of country do I live in??

This family got sealed this week!! I was so blessed to be there! I TAUGHT THEM LAST YEAR! Oh my goodness.  I am so happy, they actually lost one of their sons in a car accident.  He was on his bike and was hit by a car.  Extremely close to the exact place I was hit by a car.  He, however, did not make it.  I am so incredibly blessed that our families can be together forever. 

So, missionary work:  BRING IT ON

Coming home January 17

LOVE, 

Soeur Mo Taylor

--
 
 
 
Tahiti Papeete Mission
Soeur Taylor, Morgan
 
B.P. 93
Papeete, Tahiti
98713
French Polynesia

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover