Image Map

Tuesday, September 30, 2014

And I Went Back To Maraa....Again:)

 
I WENT TO THE OCEAN!! I MISS THE OCEAN
 
I found really, really cool stairs.  I was on a split, and my companion thought I looked funny, so she took lots of pictures.
I'll share a fantastic little story today.

This weekend I went back to my home, Maraa for a baptism.  One of my best friends on this planet, this kid: 
 
(I had to demonstrate his size.  His hand is as big as my arm!)
Baptized his little brother.  Yes, this is Viritahai.  Yes, he is still only 16 years old. 

While we were sitting in the chapel a woman came up to me and hugged me.  She looked really familiar, I kept talking to other people but that woman was still in my mind. WHO WAS SHE?? I knew I knew her, but I had no idea how or what her name was. 

So I turned to my favorite 9-year-old, Ryan, 
Yes, the same Ryan as this picture (on the right):
 
 
And asked what her name was.  He told me.  
I was dumb founded.  It was L!

L was an investigator Soeur Moli and I taught.  She did not want anything to do with the missionaries, but her boyfriend wanted us to come teach him.  

SHE GOT BAPTIZED!  I had a little freak out right there and then, L got baptized! I cannot believe that happened.  The woman who would hide in her bedroom everytime I came over to teach is now a member of the church.  She got married! She swore she would never, ever get married.  I started crying right then and there. 

Miracles are not things or people..  Miracles are the choices people make.  L accomplished the miracles.  

On to my pet peeve.  People like to say I'm a miracle and that I'm strong.  That slightly drives me crazy.  Why? Because I did nothing.  The people that stopped and helped us are the miracles, the doctors who went to years and years of school are the miracles, but MOST IMPORTANTLY My Father, God, is the one who put me in the path of all the miracle workers.  I would not be alive today if it were not for the love God has for me and for the people he put in my life at the right time and at the right places. 

I am not a miracle.  I am proof that miracles do exist. Most importantly, I am proof that God exists.  
Love, 
Soeur Mo Taylor

--
 
 
 
Tahiti Papeete Mission
Soeur Taylor, Morgan
 
B.P. 93
Papeete, Tahiti
98713
French Polynesia.
 

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover