Image Map

Monday, January 14, 2013

Writing Missionaries

Bonjour! Comment allez-vous? Je suis tres bon. 

Sometimes I teach myself French at work.  I'm getting paid to study. BEST. JOB. EVER. 

Anywho,  welcome to the start of a brand new, beautiful, warm, sunny week.  If you're in Tahiti.  If you're living in Cache Valley you're in for a wonderful week with the average morning temperatures in the negative teens. HOLLA! 

While I was teaching myself my purpose as a missionary in French (see Preach My Gospel chapter one, memorize it).  I had a fantastic email send to me.  

I met a girl named Kelli my very first day of college. I was hauling all my stuff up to my new room and she was in the parking lot helping anyone who needed help.  Later I discovered she was in my Honors Public Speaking class and we became friends.  She's such a sweet girl, and she is going to be a fantastic missionary.  She was called to the Cleveland  Ohio mission and left last week.  

Well I was forwarded a copy of the email she sent to her family, and I was so glad I did.  Reading emails from missionaries are not only helpful, but they make you feel so good.  You're actually able to communicate personally with a servant of the Lord.  It's amazing.  And it made me really regret all the friends I've sent on missions but never wrote to.  This might be a tad selfish, but I think writing them would have been more for my benefit than theirs.  

So... When I leave make sure to write me.  *wink* *wink* 

Really though, find a missionary and send them a letter this week.  You don't even have to know them.  Just get out there, spend a few cents on a stamp to speak to the Lord's mouthpiece.  Start your week off right.  

If you need help finding a missionary to write to, shoot me an email.  I have some Elders and Sisters who would LOVE to hear from anyone. 

xoxo,
mo

p.s. 
Keep an eye open for our Sister Missionary feature.  It'll be fantastic, you won't want to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover