Image Map

Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Britten Schenk Fireside

One of the good things that have come from Morgans accident is being able to meet the Schenk Family.  When Morgan was in Tahiti I was able to be in contact with Karla through email.  I am so grateful for the help and support she has given us.  She knows exactly what we are going through and has given me so much advise and has been so amazing to Morgan.  Sunday our family was able to attend a Fireside that Britten and his parents spoke at.  If any of you have the opportunity to attend Britten's Fireside you MUST  go and if any of you are looking for a Fireside you MUST contact them.  It was so inspiring and I have to admit at first it was a little difficult.  My heart just ached for them when seeing the first photos.  Photos of Morgan and photos of Britten have some similarities.  But, when you watch the progress and how hard he worked to learn and heal, it was amazing. We took Avery with us who is ten years old.  Yesterday I was going through some papers that she was drawing on and found this one.  It is one of the things Britten was talking about on Sunday.  What a positive impact he has made, even to a ten year old.  I will frame this artwork to remind us all that we do have two choices in the morning.  We will decide if it will be a good day or bad.  I am with Avery, I will have a good day no matter what too!  To read about Britten's story elderbrittenschenk.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover