Image Map

Friday, June 27, 2014

Sister Missionary Feature, Sister Angelica Creager


Sister Angelica Creager
Canada Halifax Mission, July 30th


Did the age change effect you?

Yes.  Because it changed how I will be going about college and it definitely changed my dating life quite a bit. ;]

Did you always want to serve a mission? -why/why not?
No actually.  When I was younger, I had a hard time with the thought of leaving my family for so long and so I didn't put a lot of thought into it.  It wasn't until I was older in Seminary that I decided I would work towards serving a mission.  (Although at that time the age limit was still 21 for sisters.) 



Where do/did you want to be called? Why?
I wanted to serve somewhere "not too foreign" to me.  True story.   I think I would have a harder time trying to adjust to mission life as well as figuring out a new culture and language.  I didn't want to learn a new language.  I'm weird.  =P  I already speak Japanese and English and I just didn't think I could cram another language and culture into my brain.  (I was super lucky to be called somewhere speaking English.)



Share a cool missionary story or experience.
Missionaries serving in my ward just recently converted this great family and our ward LOVES having them.  The mother of the family is now my visiting teacher so I get the chance to visit with her and get to know her. =]  It's so great to hear their testimonies and feel how strong their spirit is!!  It's great seeing them at church and adding their family to our ward.  =]






Why are you serving?
Because ever since I was sitting in my Seminary class Sophomore year listening to my teacher talk about his service in Canada, I have wanted to serve a mission.  I felt the spirit so much and I felt the strong desire to be able to share with other like he was able to.  And ever since then I just have had so many things and little signs encouraging me towards missionary service.  I am serving because I love this gospel and it makes my life wonderful.  I want to share that.   Also because my savior suffered for my sins and died for me....how can I not try my best to give something back in return?  I am serving because I love Christ. 



Any advice for other girls deciding if they want to serve?
Don't expect a giant for sure answer right away.  It takes a lot of time.  I just kept taking small step after small step.  And with each one I would get a green light to keep moving forward in the direction I was going in.  I kept following the small promptings of how wonderful the spirit felt.  I continued going to mission prep, and I heard talks about missions all over, and had the "missionary" theme all around me.  Finally after taking small steps I prayed hard and knew for sure that, it would be hard, but this is what I should do.



Any other thoughts?
I just am so excited and ready!  I know that I can never be fully prepared and will never have all of the answers, but I do know that I can rise to the occasion.  The Lord doesn't call the qualified, He qualifies the called.  Always have faith.  Don't let Satan make you feel like you can't do it.  Listen to the spirit to guide you. 



Don't ever give up on what feels right.  =] 

1 comment:

Pin It button on image hover