Image Map

Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Coming Full Circle

Life is incredibly ironic, and I can totally understand why.  If I could control a planet I would definitively throw fun twists into the lives of the people I watch.  Today was the day those little twists appeared in my life.

The very first book I ever read by myself was "Go Dog, Go" by Dr. Seuss.  Now, I don't know if I could actually read the words, or if I was just extremely good at memorizing, but that doesn't matter now.  The second book I read was "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish" once again by the lovely Dr. Seuss.  There was another book, "Oh, the Places You'll Go" by Theodore Geisel, that was just a little over my head at the age of four.  (If you didn't know Theodore Geisel was Dr. Suess' real name.  Fun fact.) The book said a lot of words, that didn't make sense to me, but they gave me some practice sounding words out.

Tonight was our "Senior Roast" for Mutual.  (Yes, I'm LDS)  Our leaders and parents basically embarrassed us and gave us giant Sky View-colored balloons.  They also gave us a book.  A book I hadn't read in over fourteen years.  A book that makes sense now.

"Oh, the Places You'll Go!" is actually a graduation speech written by the Doctor himself.  You really should just read it.  I can't explain how deep it really is.  Mr. Geisel was not just a rhyme-y guy who wrote books for kids.  He is incredible.  His stories are deep, insightful, and extremely inspiring if you take the chance to understand the message behind the "rhyme-y" words.

The irony comes in now.  My first book (well close to my first book)  is also the last book I will be given.  It was given to me in a brand new ward that has the two people I have known the longest since I moved to Smithfield.  After thirteen years, my beginnings are now becoming an important part of my ending, and the circle will continue.  I'll be here, waiting for the new twist in my story.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover