Image Map

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Senior Ball Pt2

Happy Wednesday world!!

My day was boring.  I woke up, ate breakfast, showered, watched another documentary on China, read a book, ate lunch, went to my sister's awards assembly, slept, worked, came home, and now I'm blogging.  I'm super entertaining, I know.  Big news though. . . Tomorrow is Graduation!! I've only waited 13 years for this, no big deal or anything.  If I don't blog tomorrow it's because I'm partying it up!  If I do blog. . . Well. . . You can mock me shamelessly for not having anything better to do.

Back to Senior Ball.

After dinner we went to the actual dance.  It was weird. . . First of all there were way too many Juniors there.  It's called SENIOR Ball for a reason.  I just wanted to go strangle all the boys who brought SOPHOMORES to the dance instead of some poor senior girl.  Gah.  That's going to bug me for a long time.

I love dancing.  It's one of my favorite things in the whole wide world to do, but if you're in a group that doesn't like to dance it's terribly awkward.  Thank goodness that wasn't the case.  Our group was EPIC.  I didn't stop all night (except to grab some water).  I loved it.  But, the best part were the slow dances.  (of course, I'm such a girl.)

It was raining.  Not a horrible downpour, but a nice, romantic drizzle.  And the doors of the building opened to an outdoor patio area.  And there was a pavilion, gazebo thing.  And I danced under the pavilion, gazebo thing.  In the rain.  At night.  (It was a total Twilight moment, but I ate it up.  I'm a romantic, remember?!)  It was perfect.  Seriously, the dance part couldn't have gotten any better. *sigh*  I wish I had a replay button for life.

But, the dance wasn't all happy.  In an incredibly epic hair flipping contest with Madi I twisted/sprained/broke my ankle.  I don't know exactly what is wrong with it, but I'm startin to get worried.  It's not feeling any better.  This happened right before the last dance.  I was so brave.  I didn't even shed a tear (even though I was desperately close) and I pretended everything was just fine.  I wanted my last dance and a dumb accident wasn't going to take it away from me. It was a fantastic last dance.  I wish I had a replay button right here too. . . *sigh*

The fun part was trying to walk to the car.  Oh, that hurt like a mother.  But I put on my big girl face and pretended nothing had happened, even if I was limping and Josh was holding me up.  NBD.  I don't even think anyone else in the group notice.

We had skookies for dessert.  DELICIOUS.  Who ever had the idea to put ice cream, caramel, and fudge on warm cookies is my hero.  That's all I have to say.  I love them.

Then Josh took me home.  It was the perfect ending for the perfect night.  I had completely forgotten about dinner by then.  Overall on the dance scale Senior Ball is ranked number one! Closely followed by Sadie's Junior year.  But, that's a story for another time.

Maybe I'll post pictures.  Maybe I won't.  I'm still deciding.  Until then, Happy Graduation!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover