Image Map

Sunday, June 10, 2012

Missionary Stuff

Wow.  I'm astounded.  I have had more views today than any other day. WOO!! You guys are awesome. Thanks for actually taking an interest in my uber (I spell it like that for James) boring life.

Did you enjoy my obituary?  I was going to write a memoir, but that seemed like a lot of work for a Sunday afternoon.

Today I went to a missionary farewell.

Let me just tell you, I HATE farewells.  I'm one of those sensitive saps who cry.  I hate crying in front of people though, (unless it's a guilt trip, then it comes majorly in handy) and so I contained myself pretty well today.

But, David did an amazing job with his talk.  He was laughing and crying at the same time, so I was laughing the whole time and didn't even care that he went a good 15 minutes over time.

At this farewell I realized there are a few people I knew in high school, and I liked in high school, but I didn't really get to know in high school that I want to know. (I hope that made sense to you, it does to me.) I sat by one of those people at the farewell.

*Enters Church*

*Scans chapel*

*Sees nobody to sit by*

*Sits alone*

*Hugs and chats with David*

*Sits*

*Spots Mikey*

*Exclaims "MIKEY!!!!" in head*

*Sits by Mikey*

*Talks all Sacrament with Mikey.*

*Content sigh*

That was basically how that hour and a half went down.  I seriously love that Mikey kid.  He's hilarious. We're going to be friends this summer.  And for life after summer, that's what I've decided.

Oh.  And I owe him cupcakes.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover