Image Map

Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Day 29...January 11. 2014

Day 29....today was another good day. Morgan is understanding and remembering more. Kenzi and I came down early this morning. Morgan played the piano and the ST gave her a planner to write down everything she does during the day and the time she did it. Also, she writes down visitors names. That way when she forgets 2 minutes later she can look back and read what happened that day. It's working great. She does however argue with what she "knows" to be true and what really is true. We were writing down visitor names and she put my brother Todd and I said that he didn't come today and she says "yes he did" and believes it fully. I see big improvements from two days ago. McKenzie was so sweet to her. She would get drinks, iPads, blankets, anything she asked. Morgan loved it and wanted her right next to her all day. She even told Kenz to come lay in her bed so they could watch a movie together. Kenz also felt Morgan's head and stomach I am sure over 100 times today. Morgan was pretty fixated on the fact her head was "squishy because he skull is in he stomach". "That's really gross" is what she would say. She loved her visitors and would try to make them all feel her head and her stomach. What is funny is her uncles, aunts, cousins, siblings would never tell her no. It's kind of "what ever Morgan wants, Morgan gets". She really is doing great. I think she will be home in a week or two depending on if she will eat. Her ST asked if she was released from being a missionary. I told her "no" and Morgan said "I don't need to be released". It will have to happen I am sure. At first when it was brought up two weeks ago I felt this pit in my stomach but I am at peace with it now. If she wants to go back she will. One last story, I was telling Morgan again what happened to put her in the hospital. We do that a few times a day. She is remembering it better. But this morning I told her a man hit her with his car while she was riding her bike. Morgan asked where the man was. I told her I thought he was in jail but not sure what is going to happen. She said "is he baptized?" And I told her I didn't know and she said maybe the missionaries can teach him. We hope for the best for this man. It would be great if he could learn from his huge mistake and have a good life. I don't know if he has a family, I assume he does. We wish them all well. Its funny because when Morgan was admitted the billing lady came in and was quizzing us on what had happened. When she found out it was a drunk driving she said "where is the police report" we kind of laughed and said "I don't know" and she said "well aren't you going to go after him" and we looked at her like "seriously lady, that's the last thing on our mind". Troy was polite and said that we don't know what the laws in Tahiti are and that we are confident that they will take care of what needs to be done. We are here to learn from mistakes. I hope he does. I know his family went to the mission office and apologized for what he did. That was a nice thing for them to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover